Thursday, November 20, 2008

3 places I want to explore

Who can resist that smile. I've been thinking about this for quite sometime. spending time to explore Angkor Wat. I remembered having seen photos of it in my late uncle's national geographic since I was little. I've always had some fascination about old civilisation, particularly of asian origin. I have always associated myself with having a blood line from this civilisation. The other part came from the lineage of the one who killed Sultan Mahmud mangkat dijulang, a southern ancestral link. A photo of my grandmother with my late Ayah, taken when he was still a young boy, indicates an indian subcontinent features in her face, well she could be a kembojaas well. back to Angkor Wat, one of these weekends, I may just pack up my bags and jump into a flight to Myanmar. Just wait for the next post on this.


I also recalled having seen photographs of Borobudur whilst browsing through the pages of the old magazine. I remembered vividly photos of stupas with diamond shapes openings on its surface, in them the revered statues buddha. I recalled reading somewhere, that one may extend one's hand into the opening and touch the hands of buddha, one's wishes will come true. That one, I will try. soon too.


One last place that was in my immediate list is New York. I blame this on Shaliza Mokhtar, whose used to have amazing photos of her travel, at that particular time, as a student of architecture, I tried to find links of her photographs in her fotopages but unlucky for all of you, its no longer available. But instead, I have kept a photo of her, if I am not wrong, taken in New York. I remembered photos of her having steaming hot coffee in a cafe with her then boyfriend, it was winter then. and many amazing photos of architecture and buildings. blame her for romanticizing New York. Well, she only partly to be blamed, i guess it's also the movies that i watched. Will definitely go there soon. I know its coming.



No comments: