Wednesday, January 2, 2008

pekerjaan: stereotypist


Strange thing this is. Having written the previous entry had me open up the dictionary to find out what a stereo typist, the occupation of late Ayoh, does.

ster•e•o•type Pronunciation[ster-ee-uh-tahyp, steer-]

noun 1. a process, now often replaced by more advanced methods, for making metal printing plates by taking a mold of composed type or the like in papier-mâché or other material and then taking from this mold a cast in type metal.

this suddenly struck me dumbfounded, one for the reason that I’ve finally figured out to search for the meaning of that word in the dictionary after nearly 40 years trying to figure out what my late father did for a living, two for the reason, why during our primary schooling days, all of us were supplied with a piece of metal stamp block with our names on it.

duhhhhhh........I am so looking forward for the big four o.

1 comment:

Kongnichiiwa said...

macam type-writer?
BTW - the last typewriter manufacturer has closed down for good. There will not be any newly manufactured typewriters ever again, so if you see one, buy it for old time sake. I bought one from the flea market for RM50